Sunday, August 16, 2009

PF Changs, Vampires, and Garage Sales...

So week #2 of recovery has gone by pretty well. I am moving around a lot, but I get tired rather quickly. I haven't been able to work very much this week since personal training does unfortunately require a bit of energy. But I have been busy doing lots of other things besides training! This last Monday night we went out to celebrate our good friend Chris' birthday at PF Changs. It seemed like forever since we had been out with friends. Eating fried rice and sea bass isn't great for inflamed intestines, but I had a great time catching up with everyone.

Eating out with our friends Mike and Amber

Now that I have all this new found time on my hands, I have been reading the Twilight series. I figured I would get with the times and see what all this vampire fuss is about. And to be honest, I am addicted. I'm reading the last book now and I can pretty much guarantee you, I will stay up all night to finish this stupid book. I've been staying up late every night finishing them. I hope that all these late nights don't slow down my recovery time because honestly, the books are pretty dumb. How can a human girl be in love with a vampire and a werewolf at the same time? The plot is so ridiculous, yet I cannot seem to put it down. As ridiculous as they are, I am not ashamed to say... I HEART EDWARD CULLEN.

Maxi-Posters-Twilight--Edward--331876.jpg

This Saturday we had our first, and hopefully final garage sale. Not that it didn't go well...it did! We made over $900--all of which will be sent to Guatemala to help distribute wheelchairs to those who cannot afford them. The garage sale was a huge success...but for someone who is slightly OCD, garage sale-ing can be a nightmare. We had so much stuff. So many people were so generous to donate to our cause... but we just had so much stuff we couldn't price anything. It would have taken days. I have never had a garage sale, and it's honestly been at least a decade since I've been to one, so I had no clue what to tell people when they asked how much stuff cost. Thankfully I had several "experts" helping me who would come to my rescue whenever I needed a price quote (which was often). When I wasn't freaking out over how disorganized the whole process was, I actually had a good time. The weather was perfect and we had many entertaining moments to laugh over. Three very furry bathrobes with horses embroidered on them was the cause for much laughter...

James, Mike, and Calvin posing proudly in these new found treasures

Even funnier, James and Mike would actually wheel and deal with customers IN THE ROBES, as if though they were wearing perfectly normal outfits. Here is a good action shot of James!

James selling a car stereo in the crazy bathrobe.

Over all, the garage sale was a huge success. Pretty crazy, but pretty fun too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steph! It's fun to see your blog! I have to say...this summer I read all the Twilight books in one week. (!) I wasn't even intending to read them at all, but I found that I enjoyed them a little too much. Matt was happy when I finally finished them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read the series in about a week too. very addicting!
    glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete