Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How I Lost My Appendix...

So the last week has been quite eventful at our house. It all started last week on Thursday, July 30th. I had gotten done teaching a Pilates mat class and my stomach started to feel really weird. It was a bizarre pain I had never really experienced before. I ignored it, thinking I had just really worked my abs hard or something...stupid, I know...I kept waking up through the night with stomach pains, but I had company coming in the next morning and just ignored it. My good friends Tiffany and Sarah drove all the way from Colorado to come visit and I just wanted to have a good weekend with them! They got in Friday and we hung out, but I just felt weird all day. Again, I ignored it because I didn't want to take away from our time together. Saturday morning we got up and did a car wash to raise money for our Guatemala trip. After the car wash I knew I couldn't ignore the stomach pains any longer! We went to the emergency room and they ran some tests. They ran a cat scan and saw that my appendix was really infected and needed to come out. So Sunday, August 1st I had an emergency appendectomy to get that nasty appendix out! I had waited so long, my poor lil intestines were infected and inflamed so surgery wasn't as smooth as they had hoped. I unfortunately got an extra incision because my belly was so distended. But they got it out and I am on the mend! I have been spending the last week and a half at home recovering. James took all last week off of work to take care of me. My mom came down and and helped us out around the house; doing laundry, cooking, taking care of the pups. Everyone has been so awesome! Makes me wish I got sick more often! Just kidding, not really...Complete recovery usually takes 3-4 weeks, so pray that I get better quick and am ready to go to Guatemala the beginning of September!

Tripped up on morphine! Creepy asian goes to the hospital!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you look so pitiful in that pic:( It's funny as heck though, you creepy asian:)

    ReplyDelete