Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Inaugural Post!!

Hello all! We decided to get with the times and start a blog! As James and I travel more and start more projects we thought it would be fun for y'all to see what we're up to! This summer has been super busy, but really fun! A quick recap on what we've been up to...

*James*
James has been busy as ever with work at Wal-Mart. This August is his SEVEN year anniversary with the company! Yikes! We are getting old! He is doing great as a pricing manager in their apparel division.

This spring he laid down a patio in our backyard. It looks awesome. He got some of his buddies to help dig up the yard and lay down the stones. But really, it looks like some professionals came over and laid it!

We heart our patio!

*Steph*
The last few months have been a whirlwhind for me! I ran my first ultra-marathon (32 miles!) in March to help raise support and awareness for what the Josiah Foundation was doing in Kenya. Five days after my race I went to Kenya with my dad, sister, and good friend Harmony Bischof for ten days. This trip was awesome. It was life changing. I have never seen and experienced so much in such a short time. I would love to go back soon.

With good friends after finishing my 32 miler!


Playing with some kids in the slums.

In May I ran the Lincoln Marathon with my good friends from running club. I love this race. It was my third year in a row to do it, and this year was my favorite! Two weeks later I went to Guatemala for ten days with a small team with the Josiah Foundation. We spent a lot of time in different villages ministering to those who needed medical assistance and helping provide physical needs.

This July we took a week long vacation to Cozumel with my family. James and Michelle and her boyfriend, Richard went scuba diving a few times. I like being lazy on vacation, so I spent most of my time snoozing on the beach. It was too short! We wanted to stay another week. It was so much fun.


2 comments:

  1. Yay....a wheelock blog! I can't believe it's already been that long since the ultra!

    ReplyDelete