Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wrapping up 2009...

I can't believe that 2009 is already over! The last several months have just been speeding by. James and I have been busy with home projects, baby showers, vacations, etc...I have nothing but good things to say about 2009. We have been blessed beyond belief with goodness...good friends, family, and health
I am so looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us in 2010, because I genuinely believe the best is yet to be!

James and I visited some of our best friends from college (Jeremy and Kim) out in Grand Junction, Colorado. The weather was awesome and we just did a little bit of hiking and touring the wineries they have. We had a great time with them and hope we can go visit again soon!

Kim and I sitting on the ledge of Cold Shivers Point. It took me awhile to work up the courage to sit on the ledge like that!

I ran the Tulsa Marathon in November with some of my clients. This was my first race since my surgery, so I was just ecstatic to get back out there and feel good running again.

James and I are nearly finished with our home projects!! James is the handiest little jack of all trades. He put down our new bamboo floors, and I must admit, they look great! I am not ready to rip apart our house again anytime soon, but we will probably paint and put down new flooring in our two guest bedrooms sometime this year. UGH. I hate chaos!! But James does such a great job, I just can't say no to him!

We were able to go back home to Omaha for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had a great time for both holidays. We were able to stay for nearly a week and half over Christmas. I really enjoyed being able to hang out with my family for an extended period of time. We got over a foot and a half of snow, so we had a white Christmas!

James and I threw an ugly Christmas sweater party for our life group. This was our 2nd annual party, and the sweaters just got uglier and uglier. I love it!


Sarah and I threw our 5th annual Christmas open house. Every year we have an open house for our clients at the fitness center. We tried to cut back this year with the baking...but I just cannot help myself. I HEART BAKED GOODS!

So I'm pretty sure this is gonna classify me as an old lady for doing this...but I am so proud of all of our baked goods, I am gonna have to put a picture of it up! The triple chocolate banana foster cake that Sarah made was to DIE for. This is what we call JOB SECURITY ;)

My family and I went to the Manheim Steamroller concert while up in Omaha. Here is James and me feeling festive!!

We couldn't help ourselves...Lil sis and me being creepy asians in the blizzard on Christmas Day! It was so fun hanging out with Michelle for the week. I miss her already!

Yay for a great 2009! Thanks to God for everything He has coming for us in the upcoming year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your updates are so impressive! You are one busy lady! :) We have loved getting to know you & James this past year & look forward to some fun times in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete